Director of Development, The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Founded in 1821, GW is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia. It includes ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 full-time and part-time employees (faculty and staff). The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication, respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the university seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university.
The Director of Development will join a growing team and oversee development activities for several departments and clinical services within the School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Responsibilities include identifying departmental priorities, building a written case for support and development plan for each, motivating faculty to participate actively, and meeting with prospects in order to achieve fundraising goals.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Develop effective relationships with medical faculty and department chairs in order to advance the mission of the department, George Washington Medicine, and University.
- Manage relationships in a portfolio of at least 75-125 major gifts prospects rated for gifts of$50,000 or more while working within the University research and prospect management system.
- Achieve goals for visits, solicitations, and dollars raised as approved by Executive Director,of Development and Alumni Relations, in collaboration with Associate Vice President,Development & Alumni Relations.
- Coordinate visits with academic medical leadership, physicians, and appropriate staff.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Medical Center and University to achieve closure of comprehensive gift strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Six years development experience, with an emphasis on major gifts experience
- Ability to travel locally
- Master’s degree
- Experience in a medical or healthcare setting preferred
- Strong communication skills to include verbal and written abilities
- Ability to handle multiple demands
- Flexibility regarding work schedule
GW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To Apply Click Here