Provides administrative support for Vice President of Development and major gift staff. Performs operational functions such as production of reports, scheduling appointments, meeting logistics, serving as backup to gift processing and data integrity coordinator when needed, supporting major gift officers in entering actions as needed into the fundraising management system, and the creation of simple collateral material.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support for vice president of Development and major gifts team including reports, scheduling events and mailings.
- Maintains calendars for Development Office.
- Provide appropriate, timely general support with: meeting invitations, room reservations; mail lists and mailings; collects RSVPs for events; assists with special projects.
- Develops a strong working knowledge of Christiana Care Health System’s missions, vision and strategic objectives, as well as an understanding of the marketing/communications process.
- Responsible for development team budget monthly reconciliations, opening POs, processing invoices.
- Assists gift processing and data integrity coordinator in maintaining accuracy of constituent database as needed.
- Assists in the update and maintenance of the centralized database, updating donor records, coding decease constituents, importing/exporting data to/from other databases into Raiser’s Edge, as needed.
- Assists in acquiring and using mail lists for annual donor acquisition mailings. Helps keep internal mail lists current and accurate.
- Reports project status and performance data as required to management and stakeholders, including appeal and fund evaluations, direct mail solicitations, capital campaigns, marketing, special events, community mailings, Junior Board events and e-mails to consumers.
- Works in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented environment.
- Provides effective support to Development Team as evidenced by timely, accurate completion of all assigned projects; organization of files, coordination of meetings, typing and production of high quality, professional documents with little direction.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four years progressively responsible clerical or administrative assistant experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, but must include at least two years of appropriate experience.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
People who live in and around Wilmington and Newark will tell you what a great region this is. A rewarding career with Christiana Care is your connection to it all. Here, you’ll enjoy:
- Lower living costs and no sales tax.
- Excellent shopping, entertainment and restaurants.
- High-quality public and private schools, universities and colleges.
- Reliable public transportation, air and rail services.
- Short driving distances to Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
- Beautiful homes in welcoming neighborhoods.
- A choice of urban, suburban and rural locations.
- Delaware’s pristine beaches, waterways and parks.