This position is a front-line fundraising role focused primarily on individuals, with the capacity to make contributions at the $10,000 to $1 million level. This position will be responsible for building a portfolio (approximately 100 to 150 potential donors) and for forging strong working partnerships with medical and nursing staff to identify prospects. Working with the Development Department leadership, the Major Gifts Officer will develop cultivation and solicitation strategies with the goal of soliciting prospects for commitments at the $10,000 level and above within 18 months of identification. This position will work to create and implement a stewardship program for donors that will engender renewed and increased philanthropic commitments. The annual fundraising goal for the position is $350,000 up to 1.5 million dollars. This position will work strategically to coordinate prospect and donor contacts as appropriate with the Foundation President and senior staff, volunteer and Hospital leadership and senior medical and nursing staff.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President as they may arise
- Assure the prompt gift acceptance, deposit, acknowledgement and recognition of gifts.
- Demonstrate through behavior hospital’s core values of integrity, care, balance, excellence, stewardship, and teamwork – (see institution’s Performance Excellence Program information).
- Develop strong working relationships of trust and confidence with clinical staff.
- Develop tailored prospect and donor-specific strategies and tactics to advance the philanthropic relationship and giving potential.
- Log all relationship information in the Raisers Edge database in compliance with the Hospital’s HIPPA policies.
- Operate collaboratively and openly with a high attention to detail to provide excellent service to prospects, donors, medical and nursing staff and Foundation and Hospital leadership.
- Represent the Foundation in building relationships with individuals and families that will generate significant philanthropic support for strategic initiatives to advance the Hospital’s mission.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, Sales, Business, or a related field required.
- 5-8 years of experience in a non-profit setting preferred; or experience in sales, marketing and communication in the for-profit environment.
- Experience in a health care setting preferred; experience in an academic medical center desired.
- A track record of securing major gifts from identification through cultivation and solicitation preferred.
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge donor tracking software preferred.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential preferred.
- Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written communication skills and the ability to work with many different people such as donors, volunteers, trustees and staff.
- Team oriented; works well within group situations.
- Must be very organized, analytical and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy.
- High level of enthusiasm, initiative, motivation and self-direction.
- Must be knowledgeable about, and capable of articulating verbally and in writing, the hospital’s mission, vision, and priorities.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $35.2 0 to $52.80 / hour
Union Position: No