The Development Officer, Annual Giving is responsible for strategizing, designing and executing the Annual Giving Program at Mercy Health Services, including all giving between $1 and $9,999. This individual will use a variety of approaches, including direct marketing and in person solicitations. She/he is responsible for identifying and qualifying prospective donors, cultivating positive relationships and directly soliciting donations at the intermediate level (between $1,000 and $9,999).
Reports to: Director of Individual Giving
The Development Officer is responsible for executing a robust annual giving campaign. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Direct marketing – implementing direct mail, email and social media campaigns to grow our annual giving membership societies (Mercy Partners $1 – $999, Mercy Society $1,000 – $9999; 1874 Society for physicians $1,874+)
- Determine appeal frequency, timing and objectives
- Determine strategy for appeals and overall objectives for each campaign
- Liaise with Advancement Services and Communications Coordinator on logistics of all campaign materials
- In-person solicitations for donors and prospects at the$1,000 – $9,999 level.
- Carry a portfolio of approximately 50-75 prospects capable of making gifts between $1,000- $9,999.
- Collaborate with philanthropy services team and fellow gift officers to determine movement throughout the pipeline
- Determining whether new societies or membership levels are warranted
- Moving donors strategically through the pipeline
- Increasing recurring gifts, automatic renewals and payroll deduction
- Implement and manage a robust employee giving campaign
- Growing the renewal rates and ensuring enough new donors into the pipeline annually
- Establishing relationships with other members of the advancement team as well as clinicians and managers throughout the hospital system
- Strategically and aggressively grow current, new and emerging philanthropy programs to achieve revenue targets, build relationships and support programs
- 5+ years progressive fundraising experience
- Experience with direct marketing campaigns – development and execution
- Knowledge of direct mail techniques
- Experience managing a pipeline, face-to-face asks and relationship building
- Proven experience in building relationships with donors
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge preferred