Senior Vice President & Chief Philanthropy Officer
“Real people serving real people and loving neighbors helping loving neighbors”
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the SVP, Philanthropy serves as the region’s leader in philanthropy with oversight responsibilities for all fundraising foundations in the service area. S(he) will have broad responsibilities for providing strategic vision, policy development, and leadership to ensure high-performing philanthropic programs throughout the entire region. The successful candidate will be a seasoned professional that has experience partnering with key stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
By engaging executive leadership, board directors, and other key leaders in the fund-raising process, s(he) will significantly increase giving through a comprehensive, data-driven fundraising program that utilizes prospect research to create engagement and donor pipeline; builds a balanced major gifts program with support from individuals, corporations, foundations, grateful patients, and employees; and creates a strong culture of philanthropy throughout the entire division.
While each operating group, hospital and foundation within the system oversees its own fundraising efforts at the local level, the Chief Philanthropy Officer will be responsible for the development of a central philanthropy office, resulting from the integration of certain programs and services now managed at the local level.
Our ideal candidate will specifically possess:
• Master’s (MA/MS/MBA/MPA/MPH) Degree in related fields is required.
• The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of expanding and advancing philanthropy within a mission-driven organization with a proficiency in securing major gifts as well as experience working with a board of directors and community leaders.
• Experience in health care, education, or other complex nonprofit philanthropic systems.
• Seven to ten years of directing a high-performing philanthropic program and team. A candidate who has earned the Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) or is a Fellow of the Association of Health Care Philanthropy is preferred.
• He/She will have a passion for expanding the role of Philanthropy within the health system and in the community. The candidate will be expected to have an understanding of health care delivery, payment structures, and relationships.
• Candidates will have demonstrated experience and success in leading a comprehensive Foundation or advancement department within a health care environment, including the ability to close gifts of six to seven figures or more.
• Have deep experience with financial management.
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal leadership and with external partners at the individual and organizational level and the ability to work effectively in a complex, dynamic and changing organization.
• Highly developed human relations skills and the ability to successfully mentor staff.
Centura Health is a $4.5 billion multi-state health system with 21,000 mission-driven caregivers, 17 hospitals, 16 affiliated hospitals, 6,000 physician partners, health neighborhoods, health at home, urgent and urgency centers, mountain clinics, Flight For Life® Colorado, and Global Health Initiatives. Sponsored by AdventHealth based in Altamonte Springs, Florida and CommonSpirit Health based in Chicago, Illinois, Centura is the largest health care network in Colorado and western Kansas with one very important vision—to provide whole person care to every community, every neighborhood, every life. Our Christian mission cherishes the unique spiritual needs of those we serve throughout our hospitals, physician practices and clinics, urgent care and emergency centers, and more. Through Global Health Initiatives, Centura care teams also compassionately work with local mission hospitals in Africa, Asia, Central America and South America.
At the foundation of Centura Health are incredible people doing incredible things. We believe in amplifying the individual missions of our caregivers and enabling them to inspire others through meaningful, impactful actions. This supports our associates in fulfilling their unique purpose while uniting them in their collective pursuit for whole and healthy communities. We promote a workplace and health care environment that embraces the uniqueness of each individual we serve, and our associates.
Real people serving real people and loving neighbors helping loving neighbors, Centura Health is grounded in the unwavering faith and traditions of its Adventist and Catholic founders, enabling us to fulfill our Mission and respect the unique spiritual needs of those served, no matter the faith, creed, or belief. We work hard to create sanctuaries that offer a variety of programs, services, and resources to support those served in their healing process.
It is a heavy responsibility to maintain the highest standards across multiple states, while appreciating the incredible differences between each unique community, but that is what makes the Centura Health ecosystem so dynamic and strong.
The city and county of Denver is the largest city and the capital of Colorado. Metro Denver has a population of 2.7 million people, with a growth rate that has consistently outpaced the national rate every decade since the 1930s. The region continued to grow steadily during the past decade, averaging two percent population growth each year from 1997 to 2007. By 2030, Metro Denver’s population is anticipated to increase by nearly 50 percent to almost 3.9 million, with 800,000 new jobs being created. Denver has one of the nation’s strongest metropolitan economies and has the largest percentage of college graduates of any major metropolitan area in the United States.
Scratch the veneer of the new-West look of urban Denver and you will get a glimpse of the Old West, too. Sitting at 5,280 feet above sea level and framed by the Rocky Mountains, the Mile High City is a study in contrasts. Cowboy-hat-wearing ambassadors greet travelers at the city’s state-of-the-art airport. The golden dome of the state capitol overlooks downtown, where renovated historic buildings and architecturally striking modern structures stand side by side. Classic steak houses sit comfortably next to innovative eateries, with bold, young chefs creating culinary masterpieces. Denver is one of only two cities in America with eight professional sports teams. Upscale hotels, a booming arts and culture roster, family attractions, professional sports, the region’s premier shopping areas, 850 miles of paved off-road biking trails and quick access to some of Colorado’s major ski resorts and national parks keep visitors coming back again and again.
To Find Out More/Apply:
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and referrals to:
A Position Overview with a full description of the position, organization and the region is available upon request.