- Plans and executes the high end individual gifts program for MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. Responsible for major gift strategy and execution,principal gifts, and planned gifts. Works with those most invested in philanthropy in close collaboration with the Foundation board members, senior hospital staff, physicians, nurses, administrators and outside key contacts such as financial advisors and legal advisors. Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards donors with the capacity to make significant philanthropic investments in MedStar.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred. Significant relevant years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 5 years experience in healthcare philanthropy, ideally within a health system setting.
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) or CFRE eligible preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated success in soliciting, negotiating and closing gifts. Experience with planned giving. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge fundraising software. Strong organizational skills. Acumen to engage and support senior leadership, staff, and volunteers in fundraising. A high level of professionalism, creativity, and integrity coupled with an ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of constituencies and develop relationships with key stake holders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes the current program and develop strategies for maximizing Return on Investment.
- Builds strategic partnerships with those most invested in philanthropy (foundation and operating boards, physician leaders, executive team, auxiliary and volunteers, past donors and others who have influence within the MedStar community).
- Coordinates closely with MedStar Philanthropy Services for the implementation of shared services in sustained giving, planned giving, corporate and foundation relations, grants and development back office operational support.
- Develops a physician engagement and grateful patient program, incorporating weekly interactions with his/her portfolio of physicians and clinicians, and their support staff.
- Develops and contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Ensures compliance with hospital/facility policies and procedures and governmental/accreditation regulations.
- Develops moves management plans for prospective donors, strategies for engaging with all constituents, and a stewardship program for MedStar’s most generous and loyal benefactors.
- Identifies funding opportunities and develops cases for support.
- Implements a robust referral and prospect identification system, which may include techniques such as grateful patient gatherings and receptions.
- Manages a personal portfolio of physician partners, qualified prospects and donors.
- Observes and uses established MedStar Philanthropy policies and operating procedures, including, regular, timely and accurate recording of activities and moves management in Raiser’s Edge.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment. Click here to apply.