About the Role
The AVP & Principal Consultant will have leadership responsibilities to oversee Services team members. The individual will interact with other division’s team members and personnel across Gobel fostering a cross-functional mindset. In addition, the individual will be responsible for leading on client engagements and also serving as part of the engagement team. The individual will be proactive in delivering excellence to our clients and maintain a forward-thinking and innovated desire to keep raising the bar with delivering superior products and services.
- Seek out innovative ways to enhance and enrich services (also known as philanthropy services or database/infrastructure/development services area).
- Participate on business development calls, as needed, to help secure engagements.
- Monitor portfolios for services personnel, and upcoming pipeline.
- Create additional offerings and services personnel with identifying opportunities for added support and upsell opportunities during engagements.
- Present at conferences and webinars as needed.
- Create onboarding timeline for new philanthropy services New Hires that includes schedule, tasks, training, and materials.
- Provide coaching, training, and mentorship to services personnel to support their growth and development.
- Hold standing meetings with services personnel to check-in on engagements, talk through outcomes and provide guidance on any possible roadblocks or delays.
- Ensure services personnel are meeting deliverables within engagements.
- Provide top-notch service to clients through various methods of interaction, onsite visits, virtual video sessions, and phone sessions.
- Assist clients to layout the necessary framework and foundation to be ready to roll- out various programs or products, such as machine-learning models, capacity analysis results, and grateful patient programs.
- Educate, train, and serve as a mentor to client’s staff on learning and supporting robust programs and managing large datasets.
- Assist clients in strengthening the partnership between operations staff and frontline fundraisers.
- Provide fundraising management system training to staff members at the client’s organization, both onsite in a group setting and offsite one-on-one over the phone.
- Provide expertise and training to staff members to understand and get comfortable with artificial intelligence technologies, machine-learning technologies, and using the scores/dataset in fundraising strategies and programs.
- Develop, deploy, and support reporting for Gobel’s identified KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and other metrics for analysis.
- Create customized reports, individualized dashboards, queries, and exports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Ten or more years of experience working in healthcare philanthropy programs, with direct experience at multiple healthcare institutions with grateful patient programs.
- Prior 5 years of supervisory experience with leading, mentoring, coaching, training, and supervising employees.
- A proven track record of interacting with various people at different levels including Operations/Philanthropy Services’ staff, frontline fundraisers, and directors of development.
- Comfortable being onsite with clients as well as working over the phone with clients via screen share.
- Analytical and adept at problem-solving and possess a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation, and practice.
- Broad understanding of Database/Philanthropy Services theory and practice.
- In-depth understanding and comfort with managing fundraising systems and prospect management.
- Advanced level of knowledge with multiple fundraising systems such as Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud CRM, or Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Good listening skills and ability to serve as a positive mentor/trainer on client engagements.
- Detailed-oriented, highly responsive, and superb project management skills.
- Knowledge and capability to develop, deploy and support reporting for clients.
- Ability and desire to stay updated on industry best practices.
This position requires travel to be onsite with the clients at certain points throughout the engagement, most times by yourself and sometimes alongside other members of the Gobel Group. Travel for client engagements should not exceed 30 percent of the position’s time. When not onsite with clients, the AVP and Principal Consultant can work from either Gobel’s St.
Petersburg, FL office or from a home office. Additional travel will be required beyond client visits for team meetings and potentially for business development and/or conferences.
As with all employees of Gobel, the AVP and Principal Consultant will work to identify, cultivate, help solicit as part of a team, and steward client relationships. You will have the opportunity to help some of the best organizations in the world solve some of their most difficult philanthropic challenges.
Location: Can work from either Gobel’s St. Petersburg, FL office or remotely from a home office.
Gobel offers a competitive salary depending on experience ($175,000 – $225,000), with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. In addition, Gobel Group provides excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, company-paid short and long-term disability plus life insurance, and a Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with a competitive company match.
If interested, please forward cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.