About The Role
Gobel Group is looking for a detail-oriented, organized and experienced analytics professional to join our team as the Director for Data Analytics. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record
of solid analytics, experience working with healthcare philanthropy data, and thrives on problem solving. The candidate is a go-getter and enjoys working with colleagues and clients to ensure
clients have a superior experience. The candidate is an evangelist for data and its application and understands how to explain complex analytical processes and techniques to clients and
colleagues in an understandable way. The candidate must have expertise with analytical platforms and fundraising data as well as experience with providing proactive support and
project management expertise to others.
The Director will be responsible for consulting on, and managing all phases of Gobel’s Analytics offering and help clients to implement our modeling, and analytics offerings. The Director will
draw out actionable insights to fuel strategy. The Director should have deep understanding of and be a passionate advocate for the role of data led fundraising efforts and donor/prospect
experiences across our clients’ entire ecosystem, including the value and importance of continuous testing to deliver optimal results. The Director will be expected to directly and indirectly
manage and mentor other staff through all phases of analytical production, and to aid them in developing their skills and experiences to produce exceptional results and a strong team.
Additionally, the Director will represent the face of Gobel and Analytics with both internal stakeholders and clients. They will advocate for our team throughout the organization and help to
raise awareness of the range and value of our services.
The Director must understand the role of modeling, analytics and technology in fundraising operations and the type of support and services needed to help all staff at the client’s
organization thrive. The Director will be a leader and inspirational data partner – someone who is able to pro-actively take a leading role in all aspects of the work that we do to meet client needs
whether it’s taking a lead on a project, a client meeting or a data related opportunity/issue.
Lead Company and Client growth:
- Acts as a trusted advisor to Gobel colleagues and clients at all levels
- Market the data offering and capabilities of the team to internal company staff – growing
our footprint across client teams
- Client needs assessment and scoping, selling, and planning of projects and management
- Manages other team members on the analytics team
- Bring strong expertise and point of view on data and insights that allow us to drive
optimal performance for our client’s work
- Deliver thought-leadership and guidance on latest techniques and use-cases
- Gains client’s trust as a valued analytics expert, bringing a unique data lens to all
- Builds counseling relationships with members of the client team – program, services, and
client engagement team members
- Relates well to people at all levels (junior, peer and senior) within the organization
- Constantly monitors and manages client’s expectations
- Plans and directs the analysis of the client’s strategic agenda
Analytics Proficiency and Experience:
- Analysis of philanthropy data and driving better results
- Familiarity with a range of analytics tools and platforms
- Data mining of client data and working with large data sets
- Building of segmentation, predictive models to make predictions on donor/prospects
- Data manipulation and transformation
- Business case development and opportunity sizing
- Development of test and measurement plan
- Real-time dashboard and data visualization solutions
- General understanding of Machine Learning techniques and usage
- Impact of AI on marketing analytics People and Project Management
- Manages, scopes and plans projects with realistic goals, resources, actions and dates
- Understands how to divide and combine tasks into efficient workflow
- Anticipates potential project management risks and plans to negate
- Helps other team members gain a better understanding of the discipline’s tools
- Manages a team of analytics professionals
- Leads development and delivery of client presentations to ensure the data narrative is
- clear and connected to broader brand and business strategies
- Writes well-structured and persuasive end products, including strong insights and
- Explains complex concepts in a digestible way
- Communicates good ideas frequently and effectively in all settings
- Clarifies and summarizes various inputs from broader team
- Confidently delivers presentations
- Seven or more years experience in data analytics, modeling, segmentation, quantitative
methods, database and philanthropy data, preferrable in healthcare fundraising.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Data Analytics, Business Administration, Information
Systems or related field.
- Analytical and adept at problem solving and possess a strong technical foundation in
database structure, configuration, installation and practice.
- Extensive analytical experience across regression analysis, segmentation, predictive
modeling, A/B and multivariate testing, brand measurement, media performance analysis
- Experience with SAS, R, Python
- Expert with visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Extremely detailed oriented, highly responsive and superb project management skills.
- Comfortable being onsite along with Gobel Group team members with clients as well as
working over the phone with clients via screen share.
This position requires travel for quarterly team meetings, annual summits, and potentially for business development and/or conferences. Occasional travel to be onsite alongside other
members of the Gobel Group during client visits at certain points throughout the engagement may occur. Travel should not exceed 20 percent of the position’s time. When not onsite with
clients, the Director will work from a home office.
As with all employees of Gobel, the Director will work to identify, cultivate, help solicit as part of a team, and steward client relationships. You will have the opportunity to help some of the
best organizations in the world solve some of their most difficult philanthropic challenges. Throughout your tenure you will gain broad exposure to a variety of different areas in healthcare
The salary range for this position is approximately $100,000 – $125,000 depending on experience. The Gobel Group offers attractive profit-sharing opportunities, along with full
benefit and retirement programs. If interested, please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com.