About the Role
Working closely with other members of the Gobel Group, the Director of Client Engagement will partner with the firm’s Principal Consultants to implement a Grateful Patient Program, with Clinician Engagement in Philanthropy.
The Director of Client Engagement will have the opportunity to help some of the best organizations in the world solve some of their most difficult philanthropic challenges. There is opportunity for broad exposure to a variety of different areas in healthcare philanthropy throughout the position’s tenure.
It is expected that the Director of Client Engagement will manage 10-15 client engagements of various levels. Specific duties include:
- Onboarding New Clients
- Preparing clients with necessary Gobel contact information
- Initiating the engagement in our online project management tool (Basecamp)
- Managing all details of the first onboarding call, including agenda preparation, note taking and coordination of key follow up activities.
- Booking all travel arrangements (flights, hotel, and car rental) for the engagement team (Director of Client Engagement and Principal Consultant)
- Managing visit logistics (addresses, directions, maps, scheduling, etc.)
- Onsite Visits
- Working with client to prepare the visit agenda for the day
- Preparing the Principal Consultant for the onsite visit by communicating regularly, determining the necessary documents, presentations, technology requirements, etc. for the visit
- Preparing agendas for each meeting
- Preparing documents for each meeting
- Providing the Principal Consultant and Client with all necessary documents prior to the visit
- Attending the visit, driving, taking notes, participation in meetings
- Ensuring all necessary technological needs (laptop, speakers, projector, HDMI/cords, clicker, etc.) are available
- Dashboards and Reports
- Creating and maintaining “stop light” engagement timeline spreadsheets for each client engagement to identify the engagement’s timeline progress, tracking progress, identifying issues, future goals, deliverables, etc.
- Ensuring updated information is available for client dashboards
- Offsite Work
- Managing the assessment phase of our program for each of your clients. Creating and editing online surveys via Survey Monkey, collecting the data and providing to the Principal Consultants in an organized manner.
- Working with the client to schedule regular calls (prep calls before visits, debrief calls after visits, regular weekly/bi-weekly/monthly gift officer training calls, onboarding calls, and other calls).
- Scheduling internal calls with other Gobel consultants to help maintain communications around Client progress and needs.
- Maintaining phone and email availability to answer questions, provide documents etc. (including occasional non-business hours) for the client.
- Working with the other Client Engagement Directors at Gobel to ensure all materials provided to all clients are standardized and updated across all engagements, and working to make sure the correct and updated documents are organized in our internal drive and easily accessible to all Gobel staff.
- Managing Gobel Client Vault by becoming familiar with the system, creating new accounts and loading with the appropriate documents, videos and other tools. Host webinars for your clients to show them how the tool works.
- Managing patient data and creating reports by working with the client to obtain data files, ensuring wealth screening has been completed on the respective files, and creating the appropriate reports to share with client.
- Supporting Principal Consultant’s administrative functions by scheduling meetings, visits and calls and ensuring Principal Consultant’s calendar is updated, ensuring information in company CRM is updated and accurate, and other duties as assigned.
The Director of Client Engagement should have three or more years of experience working in Project Management, with additional experience working in a healthcare philanthropy program a plus. Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
The successful candidate will fit the below criteria:
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently
- Analytical and adept at problem solving
- Excels in relationship building
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills (written & verbal)
- Works well under pressure
- Proficient in working with Excel, Microsoft Office, Survey Monkey, Basecamp
- Responsive and Timely
This position requires travel and to be onsite with clients, generally alongside other members of the Gobel Group. Travel for client engagements should not exceed 40 percent of the position’s time, and will generally be day trips or one overnight for a two-day trip. The Director will work from the Kennett Square office. Additional travel will be required beyond client visits for quarterly team meetings.
The starting salary for this position is approximately $50,000. Gobel also offers the opportunity to earn an additional 20 percent within the annual bonus structure. In addition, Gobel Group offers full benefit and retirement programs. If interested, please forward cover letter, resume and salary history to Danielle McBride at: Danielle@gobelgroup.com.