Career Opportunity: Director, Client Engagement
About the Role
Working closely with other members of the Gobel Group, the Director, Client Engagement will partner with the firm’s Principal Consultants to implement Grateful Patient Fundraising Programs with active Clinician Engagement for our clients. Specific duties include:
- Onboarding New Clients
- Preparing clients with necessary Gobel contact information
- Initiating the engagement in our online project management tool (Basecamp)
- Managing all details of the first onboarding call, including agenda preparation, note taking and coordination of key follow up activities.
- Travel Logistics
- Booking all travel arrangements (flights, hotel, and car rental) for the engagement team (Director of Philanthropy Programs and Principal Consultant)
- Managing visit logistics (addresses, directions, maps, scheduling, etc.)
- Onsite Visits
- Working with client to prepare the visit agenda for the day
- Preparing the Principal Consultant for the onsite visit by communicating regularly, determining the necessary documents, presentations, technology requirements, etc. for the visit
- Preparing agendas for each meeting
- Preparing documents for each meeting
- Providing the Principal Consultant and Client with all necessary documents prior to the visit
- Attending the visit, driving, taking notes, participation in meetings
- Ensuring all necessary technological needs (laptop, speakers, projector, HDMI/cords, clicker, etc.) are available
- Dashboards and Reports
- Maintaining “stop light” spreadsheets for each client engagement to identify engagement’s timeline progress, any issues, future goals, deliverables, etc.
- Ensuring updated information is available for client dashboards
- Offsite Work
- Working with the client to schedule regular calls (prep calls before visits, debrief calls after visits, regular weekly/bi-weekly/monthly gift officer training mentoring calls, onboarding calls, and other calls)
- Scheduling internal calls with other Gobel consultants to help maintain communications around Client progress and needs
- Maintaining phone and email availability to answer questions, provide documents etc. (including occasional non business hours) for the client
- Managing Gobel Philanthropy Champion App program – setting up client accounts, uploading physician and gift officer information to create “referral apps” and accounts, helping client maintain their platform throughout the engagement
- Updating Gobel Master Plan for the client by taking information from client meetings, and with direction from Principal Consultant, customizing document for client
- Creating Gobel Client Vault for the client by working with Gobel’s Principal Consultant for Communication to create an account and load with the appropriate documents, videos and other tools
- Managing patient data and creating reports by working with the client to obtain data files, ensuring wealth screening has been completed on the respective files, and creating the appropriate reports to share with client
- Supporting Principal Consultant’s administrative functions by scheduling meetings, visits and calls and ensuring Principal Consultant’s calendar is updated, ensuring information in Gobel Raiser’s Edge database is updated and accurate, and other duties as assigned
The Director of Philanthropy Programs should have three or more years of experience working in a healthcare philanthropy program. The successful candidate will have the ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. The successful candidate must be analytical, adept at problem solving and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
The Director will have the opportunity to help some of the best organizations in the world solve some of their most difficult philanthropic challenges. There is opportunity for broad exposure to a variety of different areas in healthcare philanthropy throughout the position’s tenure.
This position requires travel and to be onsite with clients, generally alongside other members of the Gobel Group. Travel should not exceed 20 percent of the position’s time, and will generally be day trips or one overnight for a two day trip. When not traveling, this position requires location in the West Chester, Pennsylvania office.
The salary for this position ranges from $50,000 to $75,000, based on previous experiences. Gobel also offers the opportunity to earn additional compensation within the annual bonus structure. In addition, Gobel Group offers full benefit and retirement programs. If interested, please forward cover letter, resume and salary history to Elizabeth Landis at email@example.com.