Career Opportunity: Director, Prospect Research and Analytics
About the Role
The Director of Prospect Research and Analytics will have a broad range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Provide a comprehensive range of prospect research, analysis, data analytics, management and data-mining to successfully execute the flow of prospects into and through the client’s pipeline.
- Analyze and synthesize accumulated financial, philanthropic and affinity data on individuals, corporations and private foundations to assess prospects, giving capability, philanthropic tendencies, and appropriate potential solicitors.
- Think critically and analytically to initiate and perform complex analyses to provide strategic planning support to increase the effectiveness of fundraisers.
- Strategize and partner with prospect research staff, prospect management colleagues, and the principal gifts team to support the development of high-capacity portfolios.
- Review daily media alerts on clients’ key prospects, post relevant stories and share information relevant to prospect strategies with fundraisers.
- Establish and oversee a system for tracking, reporting, and managing prospects based upon comprehensive research that drives cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors and prospects.
- Develop reports using both existing and emerging technologies, tools, and techniques to provide actionable intelligence concerning past and current performance, as well as predictive analytics in inform strategic planning and revenue projects.
- Coordinate the ongoing use of Wealth Engine and other electronic screening data with expedience, utilize the wealth screening data to identify new donor prospects for clients, and obtain and analyze the information necessary to establish strategic relationships.
- Create benchmarks and goals for a moves management program to ensure that the proper amount of turnover occurs in assignment portfolios, and that portfolios are kept adequately supplied with new prospect names, then monitor and report on the progress of these goals.
- Develop roadmap and strategy for self-service reporting and big data reporting and analytics
- Establish functional strategic goals for improving operations, products and services. Initiate and direct activity aligned with achieving improvement goals
- Identify, propose, and influence business solutions, negotiate deliverables and requirements across multiple business customers and lines of business
- Anticipate industry future directions and relates those changes to current and future needs and projects
- Demonstrate ability to perform research on individuals at a high level using a variety of resources (e.g. LexisNexis, WealthEngine, Hoovers, etc.)
- Expertise in Excel and experience utilizing databases (Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Researcher’s Edge, and Microsoft Access) to review donors, produce queries and reports, and update records.
- 5+ years of experience in prospect research and analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- Extensive experience in various tools (e.g. Cognos, Microstrategy, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience overseeing large-scale enterprise project deliveries
- Must be willing to travel up to 20-40 percent of the time
- Master’s Degree
- Ability to work independently and manage several projects simultaneously while exercising critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of current trends in prospect management, prospect research, and fundraising campaigns.
- Excellent analytical, inquisitive, and communication skills, including strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information with the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Visualization and dashboard design best practices
- Exhibits expert level knowledge of business intelligence processes to evaluate and recommend new technologies and systems for improved reporting and analytics functionalities
- Self-sufficient and able to work with minimal oversight
- Leadership skills and the ability to lead teams and motivate team members
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Strong vision setting, concept articulation and exceptional communication skills (presentation and written) that would facilitate effective partnering with internal customers, critical stakeholders and technical leadership teams
The salary range for this position is based on past experiences. Gobel offers the opportunity to earn an additional 10-20 percent within the annual bonus structure. In addition, Gobel Group offers full benefit and retirement programs. If interested, please forward cover letter, resume and salary history to Chad Gobel at email@example.com.