About The Role
Working closely with other members of Gobel, the Manager of Business Development will build a pipeline of upsale opportunities with current clients and close new business.
The Manager of Business Development will support the organization in the following areas:
- Working directly with consultants to identify opportunities for additional work from their current clients.
- Maintain a menu of services with updated pricing and be prepared to present on all service offerings at any time.
- Actively manage 150 or more opportunities with a value of $5 million or more.
- Prepare and submit 100 or more proposals with a value of $3 million or more.
- Close 50 or more contracts and generate $1.5 million or more in new revenue.
- Meet regularly with the CEO and others to review prospect pipelines to update projections.
- Use marketing techniques and email newsletters to keep our clients up to date on our product offerings.
- Track and record your daily activities in our database.
The position will report to the CEO initially but will eventually report to the Vice President of Business Development.
The Manager of Business Development should have two or more years of experience in sales, non-profit sales, or healthcare philanthropy. The successful candidate will have the ability to work well in a team environment to secure business. The successful candidate must be sales-driven, organized, and adept at problem-solving. Bachelor’s degree or higher is required for this role.
The successful candidate will fit the below criteria while working in a virtual or office environment:
- Strong communication, written, and presentation skills
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently motivated
- Analytical and adept at problem-solving
- Excels in relationship building
- Experience working in and managing change in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Exceptional organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, highly responsive, and superb project management skills
- Able to move from big strategy to execution of ideas
- Develop monthly/biweekly campaigns via email using the HubSpot marketing platform.
- Willing to occasionally work outside of traditional business hours
- Works well under pressure while remaining responsive and timely
- Proficient in working with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
This position requires occasional travel to be onsite with prospective clients, generally independently and at times alongside other members of the Gobel. Travel should not exceed 20 percent of the position’s time and will generally be day trips or overnight for a two-day trip.
The base salary is $75,000, if commensurate with past experiences. A commission on sales, which has the potential to increase total compensation to $100,000 or more, if revenue goals are met. In addition, Gobel offers full benefit and retirement programs.
If interested, please forward cover letter, resume, and salary history to Liz Landis at email@example.com.