Location: St. Petersburg, FL (GOBEL Office)
About the Role
As a Proposal Writer, working in partnership with business development professionals, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality, professional proposal packages.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, organized, flexible person with excellent written, verbal, and layout skills who can manage the entire proposal deliverable for both existing and prospective clients. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of proposal packages ensuring timely, accurate, concise, well-worded, thorough, and fully developed responses around the products and services Gobel offers.
- Provides high-quality, professional proposal packages that are timely, accurate, well-worded, concise, and thorough.
- Provides focused and accurate case-specific responses for inclusion in proposal packages by accessing question and answer databases, conducting research with product and functional experts, and scripting responses to inquiries based on input from Subject Matter Experts.
- Provides final proofreading, editing, formatting, and organizational support on all proposal deliverables to ensure error-free, high-quality content.
- Understand sales strategies and provide proposal packages that support the strategies and client needs.
- Protects Gobel’s legal position by making sure all information in proposal packages accurately reflects current capabilities and complies with legal and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Ensures proposal quality through assurance reviews; uses reviews to identify trends, training needs, and opportunities for improvement; provides input to management.
- Develops standardized proposal templates for all services lines and creates a proposal library for the organization to access and reference.
- Participates in training programs; engages in the development of procedures and guidelines to enhance the proposal process and communicates these internally.
- Proactively drive process optimization, standardization to gain efficiencies and improve workflows; plays a critical role in identifying new processes and services related to our business process; participates in project management groups
- Assist with other sales and marketing projects as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ progressive experience centered around proposal writing, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, proposal environment.
- Knowledge of the proposal process and experience preferably in healthcare philanthropy or equivalent transferrable background in healthcare.
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint and Google Slides and other relevant graphic applications
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of grammatical rules and experience with editing and formatting long-form pieces of content required.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write compelling, marketing-oriented proposal narrative and oral presentation slides from scratch as required.
- Draft and update proposal templates and other external-facing documentation as needed.
- Strong skills for engaging and creating relationships with subject matter experts.
- Independent self-starter and extremely detail-oriented.
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment with an agile, iterative design process.
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving client experiences.
- Results-oriented, innovative, and creative.
- Willing to work outside of traditional business hours.
This position requires travel for quarterly team meetings, annual summits, and potentially for business development and/or conferences. Occasional travel to be onsite alongside other members of the Gobel Group during client visits at certain points throughout the engagement may occur. Travel should not exceed 20 percent of the position’s time.
As with all employees of Gobel, the Proposal Writer will work to identify, cultivate, help solicit as part of a team, and steward client relationships. You will have the opportunity to help some of the best organizations in the world solve some of their most difficult philanthropic challenges.
Location: St. Petersburg, FL (GOBEL Office)
Gobel offers a competitive salary depending on experience ($50,000 – $90,000), with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. Gobel Group provides excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, company-paid short and long-term disability plus life insurance, and a Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with a competitive company match. In addition, you have twenty paid days off per year including eleven paid holidays.
If interested, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.