Job Opening: Senior Consultant, Philanthropy Services
About the Role
Working closely with the Principal Consultant for Philanthropy Services and other members of the Gobel Group, the Senior Consultant for Philanthropy Services will serve as a subject matter expert on philanthropy operations, primarily information technology and data systems management with various products such as Raisers Edge, NXT and CRM products. Additional areas include prospect management, reporting and metrics, training and support on information systems and policies and procedures documentation. Basic understanding and comfort with biographical records and gift management is needed.
The Senior Consultant will partner with Engagement Leads to develop database solutions and operational services to guide clients in implementing our grateful patient fundraising programs. The Consultant must have significant expertise with Raisers Edge© or other similar products as well as experience with building and maintaining metric reporting. In this capacity, the Consultant must understand the role of technology in fundraising operations and the type of support and services needed to help all staff at the client’s organization thrive. The Consultant will understand how the client is utilizing its fundraising management system and other products in its current capacity by completing an in-depth assessment and making recommendations. The Consultant will then facilitate a business process enhancement or redesign, identifying gaps and articulating solutions that align with the overall fundraising strategy that the Gobel Group has identified.
In working with clients, the Consultant must:
- Be able to interact with various people at different levels including Philanthropy Services’ staff and occasionally frontline fundraisers and directors of development
- Analyze client data and systems and make recommendations based on findings
- Partner with clients to help make recommended changes, updates and modifications to the database structure and data
- Deploy prospect management tools and techniques to support major gift prospecting
- Setup tracking reports, lists and portfolio reviews to support program
- Provide Moves Management training to all staff members at the client’s organization, both onsite in a group setting and offsite one-on-one over the phone as needed
- Provide training and help desk support to clients
- If needed, perform regular maintenance and data cleanup on client’s data system
- Ensure consistency of entry standards and administration of coding and entry standards
- Create customized reports, individualized dashboards, queries and exports
- Develop, deploy and support reporting for Gobel’s identified KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and other metrics for analysis
- Develop automated and reusable routines for extracting specific information from the data system
- Ensure accuracy, non-duplication of records, data integrity, and reliability of all records in database
- Have advanced Excel skills including Pivot Reports and the ability to import and export data to and from the database or process global updates
- As needed, facilitate the installation of system updates and patches with client’s IT
- Create and update detailed policies and procedures documentation for the implementation of Gobel’s recommended solutions to clients as well as any other areas identified throughout the client engagement
- Work alongside client’s IT department to create EHR patient data pull templates and with wealth screening providers to facilitate daily and batch data screenings
- Willing to work with software vendors or third party vendors on the client’s behalf
The Consultant should be experienced with Blackbaud products and must have an advanced level of knowledge of Raiser’s Edge© as well as the products which integrate with Raisers Edge, and more broadly, an understanding of Philanthropy Services theory and practice. The Consultant will be responsible for building, maintaining and supporting KPI dashboard and reporting so should have a strong knowledge and capabilities to develop, deploy and support reporting for clients. Ability to stay updated on industry best practices is required. Knowledge of healthcare fundraising and grateful patient programs is desirable. It will be considered a plus if Consultant has experience working with other major platforms, such as Blackbaud CRM. Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL, and/or familiarity with APIs is a plus. The Consultant should have the ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must be comfortable being onsite with clients as well as working over the phone with clients. The candidate must be analytical and adept at problem solving and possess a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation and practice. The Consultant should have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
As with all employees of Gobel, the Consultant will work to identify, cultivate, help solicit as part of a team, and steward client relationships. You will have the opportunity to help some of the best organizations in the world solve some of their most difficult philanthropic challenges. Throughout your tenure you will gain broad exposure to a variety of different areas in healthcare philanthropy.
You will be required to travel to be onsite with the clients at certain points throughout the engagement, sometimes by yourself and at times alongside other members of the Gobel Group. Travel should not exceed 40 percent of your time. The Gobel Group offers attractive profit sharing opportunities, along with full benefit and retirement programs.
The Senior Consultant will report to the Principal Consultant for Philanthropy Services and can either work at the headquarters in West Chester, PA or remotely.
If interested, please forward cover letter, resume, desired salary and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-598-1171. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.