About The Role
Gobel Group is looking for a detail-oriented, organized and experienced philanthropy analytics professional to join our team as the Specialist for Data Analytics. The Specialist will serve as
part of the Analytics team who are tasked with helping clients in implementing our modeling, and analytics offerings. The candidate must have expertise with analytical platforms and
fundraising management systems as well as experience with providing proactive support and project management expertise to others.
Our ideal candidate has a strong team-oriented working style. They have a proven track record of solid analytics and development operations skills and thrives on problem solving. The
ideal candidate is a go-getter and enjoys working with colleagues and clients to ensure clients have a superior experience. He or she enjoys both collaboration with a team as well as a strong
commitment to work independently to meet objectives. The candidate masters the ability to successfully balance client expectations against timelines, budgets and resources. We are
looking for a great communicator with analytical and synthetic expertise combined with excellent people skills.
The Specialist must understand the role of modeling, analytics, and technology in fundraising operations and the type of support and services needed to help all staff at the client’s
Support team members with the delivery of analytical offerings and reporting platforms:
- Submit change requests and perform updates to data outputs.
- Support analytics leads who collect large data sets, prepare data, create models and
delivery results back to clients.
- Partner with data dashboard/report writers to manage analytic projects, deliver and
support dashboards/reports to identified clients.
- Implement tracking reports, lists and portfolio reviews for clients.
- Assist in analyzing metrics and providing statistics on trends to establish baselines.
- Complete base-level customized updates to web-based reporting platforms.
- Assist with implementing data management and analytical solutions.
Analytics Proficiency and Experience: Ideal candidates would have experience in some of the
- Analysis of philanthropy data and driving better results
- Familiarity with a range of analytics tools and platforms
- Data mining of client data and working with large data sets
- Building of segmentation, predictive models to make predictions on donor/prospects
- Data manipulation and transformation
- Business case development and opportunity sizing
- Development of test and measurement plan
- Real-time dashboard and data visualization solutions
- Machine Learning techniques and usage
- Impact of AI on marketing analytics People and Project Management
- Manages, scopes and plans projects with realistic goals, resources, actions and dates
- Understands how to divide and combine tasks into efficient workflow
- Anticipates potential project management risks and plans to negate
- Seek out innovate ways to enhance products and services offered.
- Maintain tracking of contracts to full-fill, scope of work, timing, and deliverables.
- Assist in ensuring client deliverables are being full filled.
- Help coordinate check-ins with consultants/leads at defined points in engagement to
- ensure on track.
- In partnership with team, develop and maintain standardization of documents and
- Create agendas, topics and notes for team calls and meetings.
- Emails, timesheet/expense entry, scheduling calls, dashboard runs.
- Join team impact sessions, team meetings, general calls with Gobel team members
outside client engagements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four or more years of experience working in an analytics and/or philanthropy programs.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Data Analytics, Business Administration, Information Systems or related field.
- Analytical and adept at problem-solving and possess a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation and practice.
- Extremely detailed oriented, highly responsive and superb project management skills.
- Comfortable being onsite along with Gobel Group team members with clients as well as working over the phone with clients via screen share.
- A proven track record of interacting with various people at different levels including Data
- Analytics staff, Operations/Philanthropy Services’ staff, frontline fundraisers and directors of development.
- Good listening skills and ability to take direction.
- Background and knowledge of data analytics and/or healthcare fundraising and grateful patient programs.
- Capability or desire to learn to run reporting and metrics to show clients’ progress.
- Have advanced Excel skills including Pivot Reports and the ability to import and export data to and from the database or process global updates.
This position requires travel for quarterly team meetings, annual summits, and potentially for business development and/or conferences. Occasional travel to be onsite alongside other
members of the Gobel Group during client visits at certain points throughout the engagement may occur. Travel should not exceed 20 percent of the position’s time. When not onsite with
clients, the Specialist will work from his/her home office.
As with all employees of Gobel, the Specialist will work to identify, cultivate, help solicit as part of a team, and steward client relationships. You will have the opportunity to help some of the
best organizations in the world solve some of their most difficult philanthropic challenges.
Throughout your tenure, you will gain broad exposure to a variety of different areas in healthcare philanthropy.
The salary range for this position is approximately $50,000 – $75,000 depending on experience.
The Gobel Group offers attractive profit-sharing opportunities, along with full benefit and retirement programs. If interested, please forward your cover letter and resume to