About The Role
Gobel Group is looking for a detail-oriented, organized and experienced philanthropy database/operations professional to join our team as the Specialist for Data Services. The specialist will serve as part of the Services team who are tasked with helping clients in implementing our modeling, analytics, and services offerings. The candidate must have expertise with fundraising management systems and data/reporting platforms as well as experience with providing proactive support and project management expertise to others.
Our ideal candidate has a strong team-oriented working style. He or she has a proven track record of solid development operations skills and an understanding of data analysis and analytics and must thrive on problem solving. The ideal candidate is a go-getter and enjoys working with colleagues and clients to ensure clients have a superior experience. He or she enjoys both collaboration with a team as well as a strong commitment to work independently to meet objectives. The candidate masters the ability to successfully balance client expectations against timelines, budgets and resources. We are looking for a great communicator with analytical and synthetic expertise combined with excellent people skills.
The Specialist must understand the role of data solutions, technology and operations in fundraising operations and the type of support and services needed to help all staff at the client’s organization thrive.
Support team members with delivery of products and technology platforms (30%):
- Submit change requests to our data scientists and perform updates to data outputs.
- Partner with data dashboard/report writers to manage analytic projects, deliver and support dashboards/reports to identified clients.
- Implement tracking reports, lists and portfolio reviews for clients.
- Assist in analyzing metrics and providing statistics on trends to establish baselines.
- Complete base-level customized updates to web-based reporting platforms.
- Assist with implementing data management and analytical solutions.
Support team members with offsite/remote services work (30%):
- Review and provide feedback on assessment documents and reports.
- Assist in building out client’s system where needed to track all elements of products and programs supporting.
- Create and update detailed policies and procedures documentation for the implementation of Gobel’s recommended solutions to clients as well as any other areas identified
throughout the client engagement.
- Audit client’s system to ensure consistency of entry standards and administration of coding and entry standards.
- Develop automated and reusable routines for extracting specific information from the client’s fundraising system.
- Perform clean-up and maintenance on client’s data system as needed.
Support Supervisor with oversight and continuous enhancements (20%):
- Seek out innovate ways to enhance products and services offered.
- Maintain tracking of contracts to full-fill, scope of work, timing, and deliverables.
- Assist in ensuring client deliverables are being full filled.
- Help coordinate check-ins with consultants/leads at defined points in engagement to ensure on track.
- In partnership with team, develop and maintain standardization of documents and materials.
- Create agendas, topics and notes for team calls and meetings.
- Emails, timesheet/expense entry, scheduling calls, dashboard runs.
- Services team impact sessions, team meetings, general calls with Gobel team members
outside client engagements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four or more years of experience working in philanthropy programs.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Information Systems, Data Analytics or related field.
- Analytical and adept at problem solving and possess a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation and practice.
- Extremely detailed oriented, highly responsive and superb project management skills.
- Comfortable being onsite along Gobel Group team members with clients as well as working over the phone with clients via screen share.
- A proven track record of interacting with various people at different levels including Data Analytics staff, Operations/Philanthropy Services’ staff, frontline fundraisers and directors of development.
- Good listening skills and ability to take direction.
- Background and knowledge of data analytics and/or healthcare fundraising and grateful patient programs.
- In-depth understanding and comfort with managing fundraising systems, biographical records and prospect management.
- Familiar with management of gift records and prospect research.
- Capability or desire to learn to run reporting and metrics to show clients’ progress.
- Have advanced Excel skills including Pivot Reports and the ability to import and export data to and from the database or process global updates.
- Advanced level of knowledge of Raiser’s Edge© as well as the products which integrate with Raisers Edge©.
- Blackbaud certification and a working knowledge of Microsoft Access a plus.
- It will be considered a plus if Specialist has experience working with other major platforms, such as Blackbaud CRM and/or Advance.
This position requires travel for quarterly team meetings, annual summits, and potentially for business development and/or conferences. Occasional travel to be onsite alongside other
members of the Gobel Group during client visits at certain points throughout the engagement may occur. Travel should not exceed 20 percent of the position’s time. When not onsite with
clients, the Specialist will work from a home office.
As with all employees of Gobel, the Specialist will work to identify, cultivate, help solicit as part of a team, and steward client relationships. You will have the opportunity to help some of the
best organizations in the world solve some of their most difficult philanthropic challenges. Throughout your tenure you will gain broad exposure to a variety of different areas in healthcare
The salary range for this position is approximately $50,000 – $75,000 depending on experience.
The Gobel Group offers attractive profit sharing opportunities, along with full benefit and retirement programs. If interested, please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com.