About the Role
Gobel Group is looking for a detail-oriented, organized, and experienced professional to join our team as a Sr. Analyst for Data Strategy. The Sr. Analyst will serve as part of the Data Solutions team who are tasked with working with clients to understand client requirements, collect data, organize that data into a format that allows standardization, prepare deliverable specifications, analyze the data, and then create data visualizations to accurately report findings so that clients can use data and our product offerings to make informed decisions. The Sr. Analyst must understand the role of modeling, analytics and technology in fundraising operations and the type of support and services needed to help all staff at the client’s organization thrive.
Our ideal candidate has a strong team-oriented working style. He or she has a proven track record of solid business and data analysis, the ability to build specifications from requirements to create visualizations, and thrives on problem solving. The ideal candidate is a go-getter and enjoys working with colleagues and clients to ensure clients have a superior experience. He or she enjoys both collaboration with a team as well as a strong commitment to work independently to meet objectives. The candidate masters the ability to successfully balance client expectations against timelines, budgets and resources.
The Sr. Analyst will develop, deploy and maintain analytical and reporting software solutions mainly using Microsoft Power BI. As a Sr. Analyst, we are looking for a problem solver with an innate ability to understand customer needs, support and maintain business insights via a comprehensive data-driven solution, and someone who willingly collaborates on related issues and minor enhancements.
Analyst Work (80%):
- Work with clients to discover, design, deploy and maintain analytical and reporting software solutions primarily using Microsoft Power BI.
- Create and establish a framework for Power BI that describes the data visualization approach, objectives, data connections, style guide, and publication process.
- Create and maintain multiple data visualizations using Power BI.
- Design and build scalable data models, cleaning and transforming data and enabling advanced analytic capabilities to meet client’s needs.
- Design data architecture and engineering structures necessary to support our BI initiatives.
- Expertise in using different Power BI functionalities and Power BI DAX queries.
- Meet with key stakeholders to clarify and document reporting requirements. Create specifications for outputs.
- Identify repeatable process to consolidate data from multiple sources into a single view.
- Work with clients (on the phone, over email, face-to-face) as needed to understand existing issues or new requirements.
- Coordinate with users and outside vendors, when necessary, to respond to service requests; implement solutions to problems.
- Perform quality checks from business requirements to user acceptance testing.
- Develop training materials and documentation for end-users.
- Responsible for internal and external user acceptance testing of reports and dashboards.
- Complete customer support tickets to perform updates and enhancements as needed.
- Implement tracking reports, lists, and portfolio reviews for clients.
- Assist in analyzing metrics and providing statistics on trends to establish baselines.
- Complete customized updates to web-based reporting platforms.
- Implementing data management and analytical solutions.
- Seek out innovative ways to enhance products and services offered.
- Maintain tracking of contracts to full-fill, the scope of work, timing, and deliverables.
- Ensuring client deliverables are being full filled.
- Create agendas, topics, and notes for client calls and meetings.
- Emails, timesheet/expense entry, and scheduling calls.
- In partnership with the team, develop and maintain standardization of documents and materials.
- Participate in team impact sessions, team meetings, general calls with Gobel team members outside client engagements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four or more years of experience developing data visualizations, reports, dashboards, KPIs, and scorecards; two or more years of specific experience with Microsoft Power BI.
- Three or more years of experience writing complex queries, query optimization, and using business intelligence tools.
- One or more years of experience working with relational databases and data feeds.
- Previous experience presenting quantitative data for an executive audience.
- Excellent grammar and spelling in written communication.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and listening skills.
- Adapt to rapidly changing deadlines and tasks.
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a “helping others helps us all” personality.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Willing to work outside of traditional business hours.
- Works well under pressure while remaining responsive and timely.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Data Analytics, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field.
- Extremely detailed oriented, highly responsive, and superb project management skills.
- Comfortable being onsite along with Gobel Group team members with clients as well as working over the phone with clients via screen share.
- A proven track record of interacting with various people at different levels including Data Analytics staff, Operations/Philanthropy Services’ staff, frontline fundraisers and directors of development.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, and SQL Reporting Services is preferred as well as experience with data warehouse extensions (ETL).
- Experience with machine learning, Python, or R is a plus.
This position requires travel for quarterly team meetings, annual summits, and potentially for business development and/or conferences. Occasional travel to be onsite alongside other members of the Gobel Group during client visits at certain points throughout the engagement may occur. Travel should not exceed 20 percent of the position’s time. When not onsite with clients, the Sr. Analyst will work from his/her home office. This position will report to the Chief Product Officer.
As with all employees of Gobel, the Sr. Analyst will work to identify, cultivate, help solicit as part of a team, and steward client relationships. You will have the opportunity to help some of the best organizations in the world solve some of their most difficult philanthropic challenges. Throughout your tenure, you will gain broad exposure to a variety of different areas in healthcare philanthropy.
The salary for this role is commensurate with experience. The Gobel Group offers attractive profit-sharing opportunities, along with full benefit and retirement programs. If interested, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.