About the Role
We are the leaders in utilizing mass data sets and artificial intelligence to help philanthropy offices raise more money to support healthcare organizations and the patients they serve. As we continue to rapidly expand our efforts, we need top individuals with a passion for artificial intelligence, experience, and proficiency with algorithmic design and development; specifically, in machine learning (including deep learning), and one or more of the following technical areas: decision science, human-machine teaming, cognitive science, multi-agent systems, knowledge-based reasoning, automated planning, semantics, and ontologies.
You will have opportunities to work on a wide range of problems, leading and working with teams possessing a broad range of skills. Your experience will allow you to influence individuals who want to donate based on extraordinary patient experiences; evaluate the challenges and potential solutions for designing, developing, and fielding artificial intelligence solutions that inform mission-critical decisions; assess the adequacy and maturation of existing programs and shape their technical and programmatic direction, and identify new areas where giving and development are needed to strengthen the industry’s growing artificial intelligence capabilities.
As a Sr. Engineer, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and expanding the shared data infrastructure that powers a big part of decision-making for the products and services offered by Gobel. This includes everything from building scalable pipelines using big data technology to defining and creating a suite of datasets that adhere to privacy principles.
We are looking for a problem solver with an innate ability to understand customer needs, support and maintain data warehouses and ML models, and someone who willingly collaborates on related issues and innovated enhancements. The Sr. Engineer must understand that the key to great analytics and machine learning is a clean, diverse dataset, and has experience building great datasets from challenging and varied sources.
- Partner closely with existing data scientist team members building knowledge of existing models and full-fill requests that relate to using our data warehouses.
- Work on, or lead, a cross-functional team to develop and implement Al algorithms that can help solve problems that result in a transformational impact for healthcare organizations.
- Apply modern engineering techniques to develop decision support software prototypes.
- Propose and execute novel, cutting-edge techniques in Al-enhanced decision systems.
- Evaluate existing solutions in the context of clients having the highest ROI and produce actionable recommendations.
- Assemble large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes.
- Take over daily screenings and product offerings that are being delivered to clients.
- Access and query a variety of data sources (relational databases, SQL databases, flat files, csvs, APIs).
- Filter and transform data to dedupe records and clean the individual data fields.
- Clean, prepare and optimize data at scale for ingestion and consumption.
- Proactively anticipate, identify, and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality.
- Work with stakeholders including executive, data, design, product, and services teams, and assisting them with data-related technical issues.
- Implement automated workflows and routines using workflow scheduling tools.
- Build continuous integration, test-driven development, and production deployment frameworks.
- Work with clients (on the phone, over email, face-to-face) as needed to understand existing issues or new requirements.
- Perform quality checks from business requirements to user acceptance testing.
- Seek out innovative ways to enhance products and services offered.
- In partnership with the team, develop and maintain standardization of documents and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline related to artificial intelligence
- At least five years of impactful experience in Al-relevant fields, such as machine learning, deep learning, multi-agent systems, planning, and data science.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate Al-specific challenges and identify gaps.
- A keen interest in learning about and rapidly responding to new problems across a variety of domains.
- Excellent communication was written and verbal skills to articulate challenging technical concepts to both lay and expert audiences.
- Ability to work independently to learn new technologies, techniques, processes, languages, platforms, and systems.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of cross-functional teams.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++, Visual Studio, as well as expertise working with APIs, Armor, data warehouses, and large datasets.
- Working knowledge of healthcare regulations with data, particularly HIPAA, is preferred.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud platform tools.
- Experience working with Big data compute platforms, including EMR, Data Bricks, etc.
- Working knowledge of Reporting & Analytical tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Works well under pressure while remaining responsive and timely.
- Willing to work outside of traditional business hours.
This position requires travel for quarterly team meetings, annual summits, and potentially for business development and/or conferences. Occasional travel to be onsite alongside other members of the Gobel Group during client visits at certain points throughout the engagement may occur. Travel should not exceed 20 percent of the position’s time.
As with all employees of Gobel, the Sr. Engineer will work to identify, cultivate, help solicit as part of a team, and steward client relationships. You will have the opportunity to help some of the best organizations in the world solve some of their most difficult philanthropic challenges.
Location: Can work from either Gobel’s St. Petersburg, FL office or remotely from a home office.
Gobel offers a competitive salary depending on experience ($125,000 – $150,000), with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. In addition, Gobel Group provides excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, company-paid short and long-term disability plus life insurance, and a Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with a competitive company match.
If interested, please forward cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.