About the Role
GOBEL is in search of a dynamic, proactive, and experienced professional in healthcare philanthropy for the position of Vice President, Services. As Vice President, you will play a pivotal role within our engagement team, guiding clients in the implementation of our programs and services. You will take the lead in client engagements, working closely with the clients to develop solutions and establish streamlined operational processes. The ideal candidate for this role is a strategic thinker, is process and efficiency-driven, and embraces a data-centric mindset. Additionally, the candidate should have a comprehensive understanding of Advancement Services as a functional area within the greater fundraising universe, including fundraising management systems, prospect management, gift processing, stewardship, donor relations, information security, and data maintenance. The candidate should also have experience in training and teaching, and a track record of creating and maintaining metric reporting. Additional experience is highly valued in any of the following areas as they apply to Services: online fundraising tools and applications, data analytics, data modeling and working with A.I. products, data warehouse, and integrating data from other systems and via APIs.
Our ideal candidate possesses the ability to quickly understand client’s issues through engagement and create solutions with actionable results. A successful candidate will demonstrate a proven proficiency in development operations and excel in creative problem-solving. This candidate enjoys collaborating with clients to define clear objectives and goals that lead to well-defined deliverables for the team. They are equally comfortable working both collaboratively with a team and independently to achieve objectives and the candidate must be comfortable partnering with individuals within all levels of the fundraising organization. This candidate excels at balancing client expectations against project timelines, budgets, and available resources. We are seeking an effective communicator who is also a skilled teacher, trainer, and mentor, possessing a blend of analytical and synthetic capabilities along with excellent interpersonal skills.
The Vice President must understand the role of Advancement Services within fundraising including technology and the use of large datasets in fundraising operations and the type of support and services needed to help clients thrive. They will understand how the client is utilizing its Services team, the fundraising management system, and other products in its current capacity and incorporating these skills and tools into the overall fundraising strategy. Through discovery sessions and/or an in-depth assessment. this role will facilitate various conversations, develop workflows, identify opportunities and implement solutions that align with the overall fundraising strategy that has been identified.
Examples of typical client interactions, through onsite visits, virtual visits and phone sessions:
- Partner with clients to guide them through a structured process to accomplish necessary work, steps, deliverables and milestones in the scope of work.
- Assist clients to layout the necessary framework and foundation to be ready to roll-out various programs or products, such as machine-learning models, capacity analysis results, and grateful patient programs.
- Lead results-oriented discussions with clients to maximize results and ROI.
- Make recommended changes and modifications to client’s lead/prospect generation workflow, database structure and operational processes.
- Educate, train and serve as a mentor to client’s staff on learning and supporting robust fundraising programs through operational efficiencies and managing large datasets of prospective donors.
- Assist clients in strengthening the partnership between operations staff and frontline fundraisers.
- Provide fundraising management system training to client.
- Provide expertise and training to staff members to understand and utilize artificial intelligence technologies, machine-learning technologies, and using the scores/dataset in fundraising strategies and programs to identify and prioritize prospects. Deploy both project management and prospect management tools and techniques to provide exceptional customer service and assist clients with achieving optimal results.
- Create effective and action-oriented agendas and materials for onsite visits, virtual visits/sessions and phone sessions.
Lists, Dashboards and Reports:
- Deploy mass-data lists to client and help client interpret, filter, sort and distribute to different pipelines.
- Develop, deploy and support reporting for identified KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and other metrics for analysis.
- Implement tracking reports, lists and portfolio reviews for clients to support program.
- Create customized reports, individualized dashboards, queries and exports.
- Setup tracking reports, lists and portfolio reviews to support program.
- Develop and maintain client’s project plan, timeline and deliverables updating and communicating progress to client and company’s engagement team members.
- Analyze client data and systems and make recommendations based on findings.
- Create assessment documents and reports.
- Assist in building out client’s Advancement Services department where needed or provide guidance for build-out to client as warranted in scope of work.
- Create and update detailed policies and procedures documentation for the implementation of recommended solutions to clients as well as any other areas identified throughout the client engagement.
- Audit client’s data and/or system to ensure consistency of entry standards and administration of coding and entry standards.
- Develop automated and reusable routines for extracting specific information from the client’s fundraising system.
- Find ways to streamline client’s use of large data sets of prospective donors.
- Work alongside client’s IT department to create data pulls from the EMR and as necessary with vendors to facilitate appropriate discussions to support the work.
- Update training documents/reference guides and prep to deliver training.
Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least six or more years of experience managing operations or philanthropy services in a healthcare environment. Direct experience implementing a successful grateful patient program preferred.
- Expertise in commonly used fundraising systems, such as Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge/NXT and Salesforce.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Comfortable being onsite with clients as well as working virtually through video conferencing and over the phone with clients via screen share.
- Analytical and adept at problem solving and possess a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation and practice.
- Strong understanding and experience overseeing prospect identification, development, and management within a CRM.
- Excellent communication and project management skills. This individual must be highly responsive and possess a proven track record of interacting with stakeholders at different levels of the organization including Chief Development Officers, Operations/Philanthropy Services’ staff, frontline fundraisers, and healthcare IT teams.
- Good listening skills and able to serve as a positive mentor/trainer on client engagements.
- Broad understanding of Philanthropy Services theory and practice.
- Our People: We are hard workers, united in a common purpose to affect positive change. We have fun and celebrate our successes.
- Mission Oriented: We seek to provide the best ideas and smartest technologies to help healthcare organizations generate more philanthropic revenue to build healthier communities.
- Client Oriented: We value every client relationship and are committed to delivering incredible experiences and outcomes.
- Integrity: We act with honesty and transparency, and we are committed to the success of each other and our clients.
- Innovation: We won’t settle for incremental change. We want to transform healthcare philanthropy.
- Accountability: We don’t make excuses; we find ways to succeed. We take full responsibility for delivering on our expectations.
This position requires travel to be onsite with the clients at certain points throughout the engagement, most times by yourself and sometimes alongside other members of GOBEL. Travel for client engagements should not exceed 40 percent of the position’s time. When not onsite with clients, the Vice President will work remotely from their home office.
Additional travel may be required beyond client visits for company team meetings, annual summits, and potentially for business development and/or conferences. The Vice President will report to the Senior Vice President, Services.
GOBEL offers compensation in the range of $125,000 – 150,000 based on experience, with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. In addition, GOBEL offers excellent healthcare, including company-paid employee coverage for medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, disability, and life insurance, and retirement savings plan (401k) with a company match. We also provide twenty (20) days of annual paid time off, and twelve (12) paid holidays.
If interested, please forward your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com. References may be requested as part of the interview process.