Transformational Gift Tracker: April 2023
By: Ashley Roberts
GOBEL’s Research Team keeps track of all publicly announced healthcare gifts of $10M+. Below find a list of principal/transformational gifts that were announced in April 2023.
Did we miss a principal/transformational healthcare gift at your organization, or somewhere else? Send the information to email@example.com and we’ll add it to our tracker!
Individual $10M+ healthcare gifts in April 2023:
- The Lauder Family donated $200M to the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation for the development of novel methods to prevent, diagnose, treat, and cure Alzheimer’s disease.
- Columbia University announced its new Center for Precision Psychiatry & Mental Health with $75M Grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- The University of Southern California and Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles announced it had received $40M from the Alfred E. Mann Charities and Alfred E. Mann Foundation for Biomedical Engineering to support biomedical research and innovation initiatives to improve health care.
- The Kellner Family Foundation donated CZK 500M ($25M USD) to build a cancer research center in Motol, Prague, in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Motol University Hospital.
- Harvard School of Public Health launched the Thich Nhat Hanh Center for Mindfulness with a $25M gift from an anonymous donor.
- The Valley Baptist Legacy Foundation donated $17M to Driscoll Children’s Hospital to expand pediatric healthcare in the Rio Grande Valley.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation committed up to $15.5M in additional funding for potential enzyme therapy to Anagram Therapeutics.
- Michigan State University will launch RX Kids, a direct cash payment program supporting mothers and children in Flint, MI, thanks to a $15M grant from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation.
- University of California Irvine received $14M from the Irvine Health Foundation to support the Program in Public Health initiatives toward providing community resources on public health research and work.
- A $12.5M donation from Avalon Action Alliance will support the creation of the BRAVE Program at Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin to treat mental and physical brain trauma in military veterans and first responders.
- Francis Xavier University announced a $15M ($11.1M USD) gift from Dr. Victor Phillip Dahdaleh supporting a new health institute which will include the headquarters of the National Collaborating Centre for the Determinants of Health.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia received a $10M grant from the Gilbert Family Foundation to accelerate neurofibromatosis research.
- The Linde Family Foundation made a $10M gift to launch the Center for Therapeutic Discovery at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- The Malaria Consortium received an unrestricted $10M gift from Mackenzie Scott to support and expand its operations.
- Holyoke Community College received a $10M bequest intention from alumna Peg Wendlandt and her husband, Gary, to support scholarships and the college’s largest needs; prior giving from Mr. and Mrs. Wendlandt has supported nursing education.
- The Vijay and Marie Goradia Charitable Foundation gave $10M to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to accelerate translational research and clinical trials of CAR NK cell therapy.
Want to be more up to date on all the major healthcare gifts? Make sure you’re subscribed to GOBEL’s Daily Research Digest, which delivers the top news in healthcare and philanthropy straight to your inbox every workday afternoon. Visit https://gobel.info/dailydigest to sign up today.